Your money is safe
Protected Travel Services (PTS) was set up to provide the UK consumer with the highest level of financial protection in the Travel Industry. PTS provides you with complete protection against the failure of both the travel company you book with as well as the suppliers they use. This protection lasts from the point that you book your holiday through to the point when you return.
You can enjoy every holiday booked through a PTS client knowing that you have 100% financial protection and full peace of mind at all times.
We provide consumer protection in simple ways:
- You buy a holiday (or part of a holiday) from a client of PTS
- All money they collect from you is paid directly into an independently controlled trust account
- You are provided with a link to our PTS system which allows you to confirm we have your money in the trust account. The link will also provide you with an online itinerary for your holiday
- We arrange all payments for your holiday to go direct from the trust account to the suppliers. These payments are checked and authorised by the independent trustees
- You will always be protected against the insolvency of the travel company you booked with or any of their suppliers from the time you make your first payment until after you have travelled
The Trust Account
Solicitors and accountants have always had to hold their customers money in trust accounts. The principle is very simple; it is your money so your travel company should hold it separately and not use it to run their business.
All clients of PTS are contractually bound to pay any money they receive from customers into the trust account. All card payments taken by PTS clients can only be paid into the trust account.